Something Wyrd this way Comes

In the wee hours (that's the time I have to get up to take a wee, prostrate stuff you know) I was awoken by the strangest of noises, it sounded like several people were hooting on those football fan hooter things all at the same time, one would trail off while another would continue, only it couldn't have been people because each was very prolonged, no-one has that much wind in 'em, or perhaps I could describe it as several extremely loud low hums. It occurred to me that it sounded exactly like a squadron of UFOs passing overhead. When it was over, I think 2 or 3 minutes or maybe much less, maybe just a minute or so, but I don't know how long it had been going on before I woke up (I'm a very light sleeper so I guess just a matter of seconds), there was complete silence, none of the usual dogs barking, no night time car in the street. The silence lasted for another three minutes then I heard two more distinct hums but coming from further off in the distance. I was definitely awake and not dreaming because I thought "What the fuck is that?", a most certain thought that one does not have if dreaming or in a half sleep/half awake mode. About half hour later I summoned up enough energy to get up to take a looksee, what I saw was a huge fire on the hill opposite, it looked like a couple of houses on fire I reckoned. Not sure if the noises had anything to do with the fire, probably the UFOs had photon-torpedoed the favela on the hill.

No comments: