Lord of the Things

As an experiment and as an extension of last week's experience, I'm trying another alcohol-free night. I'm completely recovered from the cold but I have taken this decision because I heard it would actually be beneficial and very good for my 'elf; that would be Arnalrond Slimbow who lives in the sage bush; and also my financial 'elf, Alfiluiul Countindosh, who has a small office in the rhododendrons.

It's 21:55 and I'm feeling fine. Very very very thirsty, but fine. I wonder how Arnalrond and Alfiluiul are getting on, feeling much better I hope, if my experiment is working.

I just know that I'm not an alky, because at this moment I'm not thinking "GAAAARRGH! I REALLY NEED A BEER!!", I'm just thinking, "Hmmm, a cold beer right now would be mighty fine", you see, I'm not even thinking it in capital letters with an exclamation mark.

22:05, still fine. Maybe I should try drinking water.

Well I'm off for a huff 'n' puff with a long meerschaum and a serious talk with my toadstools, they've been misbehaving lately.

3 comments:

Helô said...

Can I offer you a bit of lovely Earl Grey? A good friend gave me a 500g pack of the real stuff(no bags!.

Airton Jordani said...

Wise men say: "A Guinness a day take the doctors away".

Helô said...

by the way, in the email i mentioned "my'elves". according to JRR, if i remember well, it should be "my'elfs".
beijo