Unidentifiable stinky things

The Loose-the-Beer-Gut programme is back on track after a few days of non activity (but plenty of beer drinking!), now you may say, in order to loose the beer gut - stop drinking beer! OUT OF THE QUESTION! I now have, as one of my students, the owner of a micro-brewery that produces 3 types of fine quality lagers, all according to the German Purity Law of 1516, no commercial crap. Every week I pick up a 2 litre jug (called a siphon) every Thursday and drop it back, empty, on Tuesday.

I run from my home, down to the riverside and along the river, there and back about 5.6 miles (9kms), it's not the best route, I have to cross a busy road 4 times, I prefer quiet shady parks in leafy suburbs, but ain't got that around about where I live now. On part of the route, the city council made a good job, "parkifying" what used to be a favella along a stretch of the riverside, but it's now neglected and dumbfuck people go there to dump stinking trash. In fact the whole rivershore is choked up with crap and muck and unidentifiable stinky things.

What the fuck?! It's 2008 tomorrow, where did the year go?

4 comments:

Candy (me) said...

Alan,
Been reading both your blogs..
The one for travelers is very nice and soooo realistic(i live in Cidade Baixa almost in front of Redenção Park)!
Your personal blog is very interesting.. i'm amazed you like to read Brazilian literature! I think it's so boring and the language is so difficult, i honestly prefer reading in English, even though i do admit that it depends on writers and not their nationalities or native language. IMHO books should be written to be understood by all and not just a few. At Ufrgs there are damn serious problems with professors that consider themselves "THE best" and want to show off shoving tons of articles and literature on students that make them think they are not good enough for the place, they are dumb, they maybe should leave college, etc.. good God, i sometimes wonder if these professors know they may be ruining someone's life.. (sigh)

Well, i had a peaceful and very tiresome Dec. 31st Eve.. am now sipping coffee and reading on net.. bless peace and silence :-)

Wish you a great New Year ! ^^

Anonymous said...

A micro-brewery in POA producing decent beer???Shurely shome mishtake!!!

Happy New Year Alan!

Alan said...

Graham! Send me your e-mail address, through my e-mail: apfear.voy@terra.com.br
I asked Helô for yours a couple of times and she keeps forgetting.

Helô said...

yes, i admit, my fault.
here they are:
grahamismith17466 at googlemail dot com
luditesmythe at yahoo dot com

am going to garibaldi this afternoon. until tuesday, then, at simon's.
beijo