Open the friggin' pod bay doors Hal!!

I know it's a cinematographic masterpiece and I'd delayed watching it for years, Stanley did a fantastic job of course, but while watching it, this very night for the first time, on dvd and 29" colour, I couldn't help keeping getting the urge to press the ff button on the remote. I think I could've watched the whole blasted film at 16x speed and I still understood the plot very well. I'm talking about 2001 A Space Odyssey of course. When it finished I realised I should've watched it 20 years ago with a huge roll-up of Morocco's finest weed like I did with Koyaanisqatsi, then I would've appreciated it more.

Oh yeah, by the way, Christmas was the usual.

And I didn't pass the master's degree selection test. Bloody Hal's fault, the way he malfunctions and all that crap.

1 comment:

Candy (me) said...

Welcome to my world Alan, it's kinda confusing many a times.. but it is what pushes me on..

I'll be reading your blog too asap, but wanted to sy i'm happy to meet you !

Hugsss and great New Year !