Perfect Biking Roads

The roads here seem to be made of some crappy black stuff which becomes crumbly in rain and gets pounded to hell by the passing traffic thus creating immense pot-holes. After a few weeks a truck goes round and fills the pot-holes with big gravel (i.e. small stones) this in turn gets pounded around and spread all over the roads once again exposing the hole, another few weeks pass before another truck comes round and fills the hole with the same sticky black stuff that crumbled in the first place. Most of the roads look like black patch-work.
A heaven for bikers.

NOT!

When I wuz cruizing the roads of Britain on my Kawasaki ZL1000 (SIGH! them we'r' t days, que saudades!) we used to complain about the roads THERE! Never again shall I complain (if that is, I am ever cruizing the roads of Britain again at some future time). WAAAAAAY back in the 80s. I've just been moping over my collection of back issues of Back Street Heroes from 1987, TWENTY years ago JEEEEZ! I think that was the year I went to the Kent Show and the Bulldog Bash. I never could make it to the Dragon Rally (lying barstud, couldn't be arsed more like, middle of Winter in a tent in North Wales? No cojones mate).

No comments: