Best Alternative Places to Drink Beer - Updatable.

I've seen loadsa lists of "10 best places in the world to drink beer", Bars in Munich, the Czech Republic, Dublin etc etc. But I'd love to see an "alternative" list, this one gets my vote to begin with. Any other suggestions? (my terrace at sunset in January for example). Pavlo's on the Greek / Turkish Famagusta border in Cyprus is another of my votes, if it still exists (those 1980s blues again).

So here's the beginnings of a list, these are my contributions, other suggestions are welcome:

Kamal Van Damme's bar, Berber mountains, Algeria;
Pavlo's, Greek / Turkish Famagusta border, Cyprus;
The Broken (or Mended) Drum, The Shades, Ankh-Morpork, Discworld;
The Restaurant at the End of the Universe, The End of the Universe. (actually this one's not so much for beer, but I have it on good authority that it's the best place for Pan Galactic Gargleblasters)
The Poison Apple, A Kingdom Far Far Away.

3 comments:

Unknown said...

Greetings from Wales.

http://alanindyfed.blogspot.com

Annie said...

Hello Alan. If you send me your email address I can send you details about the customised template design.

Alan said...

Thanks Annie, you're so sweet ;-)
Bad news however, there's no way I could pay. It's not the price itself, your rates are probably very good, it's that I can't get money over from HERE to THERE, I got no international credit card or bank account or pay-pal account, plus Brazilian money's crap anyway compared to anything European, so what seems cheap for you will probably be quite expensive for us.
Your offer was much appreciated anyway.
Beijos!
PS keep reading my blog! (I know sometimes it's crap and boring!)and get some of your mates over! You get loadsa comments!