Ye bunch o' pervies!

Taking a squint at my feedjit reveals loads of hits on "I'm a jiggly tits man", I googled "jiggly tits" and found my blog 6th on the list after a whole bunch of youtube videos (presumably featuring jiggly tits), and a classic first on the list being "juicy tits and jiggly boobs" with the url of www.jugglyjugs.com, oh how beautifully rich the English language is!

This morning I wuz listening to Rush, Moving Pictures, one track, Xanadu, is based on the poem Kubla Khan by Samuel Taylor Coleridge, I snatched up my The Oxford Library of English Poetry (vol. II, Addison to Young, through Keats, Shelley and Wordsworth, bunch of bloody drunkards and druggies if ever there were) to read over it again, not one mention of jiggly tits or juggly jugs, I was a little disappointed;

In Xanadu did Kubla Khan
A stately pleasure-dome decree:
Where Alph, the sacred river, ran
Through caverns measureless to man
Down to a sunless sea.

shit, it's fucking ace like (blast me for a fried pumpkin, I'll never make a literary critic, imagine "review of latest Nobel Prize winner's work: fucking doo dah man, read it!"). Also by STC is The Rime (sic) of the Ancient Mariner which runs on for 18 pages of TOLoEP:

It is an ancient mariner,
And he stoppeth one of three.
'By thy long grey beard and glittering eye,
Now wherefore stopp'st thou me?

Old Sam was totally blasted on opium of course when he wrote that stuff. A story goes that once when he awoke from an opium induced dream he began writing Xanadu, still stoned as a turnip, when there was a knock on the door and the dreamy vision of that deep romantic chasm which slanted down the green hill athward a cedarn cover, just went POOF to frikkin' smitheries. The Man from Porlock, who came a-knocking on the door, was apparently an innocent insurance salesman who unwittingly fucked up a great classic.

How many times have we been visited by that person from Porlock?

No comments: