Tonight as I quaff a few pints of FBA and eat a raw leek or three I shall remember How Green my Valley was, and as I close my eyes I will be able to hear the Aberbachgenbach Male Voice singing "My Fanny", the FBA will become a full creamy pint of Feelin' Fowl Double Dragon, I'll be transposed to the backroom of the Mochyn Digywilydd Arms where Eli Jenkins, sitting at HIS table is smoking tea bags in his pipe and Dai is stood at the bar extrapolating in a loud voice, Llancunty's chances of winning the match on Sunday what with his brother-in-law being their new loose-head. In walks the man with the basket of cockles and muscles alive-alive-o, after him, the next sober person is Sally Army selling All Along the Watchtower (or was that Jimmy?). The boys from the Bryn are getting pissed again, there'll be trouble soon enough. Is there going to be a lock-in? There's always a lock-in at the Mochyn.
DYDD GWYL DEWI HAPUS!
What's the smell of parsley?

2 comments:

Martin Wilding Davies said...

Shwmae Alan! I like your blog a lot - and your guide to Porto Alegre. Consider me a subscriber. My St David's Day was spent in a pub heaving with London Welsh - apparently there are over 70,000 of us in London, enough to fill the Millennium Stadium. I was the guest of honour as a result of the Newsnight stunt, what with Paxman having to apologise to the English nation for my vulgarity, so I didn’t have to buy a round all night. Anyway, in case you don't pick up my comment to your comment, please follow this link for family and friends: http://thereddragonhood.com/pages/aberdare1.html

Pob hwyl, M

Alan said...

Diolch Martin, glad to hear someone out there is reading my blog! 70,000 of us in London?! Well as far as I know, there's...erm, just one of me in Porto Alegre! If you want to read my life story click on the "Y Ddraig Goch writing link" on my Y Ddraig Goch blog.
I got your "Aberdare Gaucho" offer link thanks, unfortunately my international credit card was blocked, that's a whole other story I'm trying to resolve.
I spent St David's day working on and off. I'm trying to persuade an Irish fella, friend of mine, who owns an Irish pub here to have a St David's celebration as he already does St. Patrick's.
HWYL!