Finns and gunfights

Since I´ve been living in the flat I´ve heard the steady crack of pistol shots during the early hours once or twice a week, coming from a perpendicular street. Drug gangsters eliminating competition.
Yesterday morning there was a big police raid (half the police involved were clients anyway) and they bundled a couple of likely looking thugs into the Brazilian equivalent of a Black Maria while wives/girlfriends and other screechy wimmen looked on and screeched a lot. I had a grandstand view from my bedroom balcony. A pleasant evening could be had sitting on my terrace watching gunfights, supping fine red wine or quaffing FBAs, now that´s all been ruined by the police. Ah well.
Hello, someone visited me from Finland. Those Finnish girls in the 80s on Ayia Napa beach, one didn´t know where to direct one´s eyes. I think I wrote something about that in a previous post, check out the archives.
This written once again from PUC, mostly because I´ve got nothing much else to do ´cept hang around here. At least there´re lots of girls here. A dammed sight more than there are in my flat.
Red wine tonight I think.

No comments: