Arte na Mesa


With absolutely no intention of upstaging my good friends Helô and Airton with their wonderful table art, I felt I have to post this photo of last Saturday's lunch.  Alone at home, around 11am and wondering what to do for lunch I felt suddenly inspired to do something particularly fancy with no idea as to what.  Off I pops to the supermarket to buy: entrecot, a bag of ready cleaned mixed lettuce, mushrooms and a kind of pan - that I've seen but never actually used before - with a hole in the middle and grill and domed top.  You place the pan over the gas ring and the meat comes out a treat.  Oh and two bottles of wine;  can't remember which exactly, one red and one chardonnay, both from Chile.

I cleaned and cut up the 'shrooms, put half with the lettuce and cooked the other half in a pan with olive oil and garlic then I thought of what they would be like with half a glass of red wine in there, so I dumped that in also.  Another bunch of chopped garlic cloves went into a mix of olive oil and lemon juice and a wee pinch of curry powder; this was duly poured over the lettuce and mushrooms.
Meanwhile the meat was cooking great on my new fangled doughnut grill-pan.
And the result you can see in the photo.

5 comments:

Helô said...

Well, THAT certainly was good! Nice to see the new glass. How many you bought?
beijo.

Alan said...

Just the one glass. I really should get another shouldn't I? And have company.

Helô said...

Shouldn't be saying this, because it'll spoil the surprise. But as you've kind of did it yourself... The second glass is just waiting for the long-awaited bottles (actually, the second and the third).

The more, the merrier:)

Alan said...

Não entendi, there are glasses included in the payment with the bottles??

Helô said...

No, they are MY kind of payment for all the help you've been giving me.