Do Not Go Gentle into that Good Pub

Dylan Thomas pub crawl. I'll raise a few pints to DT's (there's an unfortunate pun there!) memory today, just for the heck of it, keep an eye on THIS for the results later. Our chief bard Dylan would regularly down a bottle or two of Whisky for inspiration. Now Blast me for a Pumpkin if I cannot get the taste of the stuff, I know it's a noble drink, ranks with Real Ale and a good Red Wine, but the Gods know, I've tried. A friend of mine gave me as a gift a small bottle (200ml) of Bowmore single malt from Islay, and I took a dram last night to see if my tastes have changed... but no, I have a sensation that I'm going to vomit, a hot sensation rises up my chest to my throat and I have to do some serious gulping! So no change there.

Still on the subject of Scotland, I've just been in contact with a friend in Edinburgh and she told me about the RED HOT CHILLI PIPERS !!! Well worth a peek.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Liking the new Blog / Beer results section fella.

Outstanding - though that beard needs a trim (unless you're getting a guitar and planning on touring with ZZ Top!)


Toke it easy ;+)