Too Many Books, Not Enough Beer

Whoa! Too many bums on this page. It's a bum page.
The PoA bianal, I don't know how the fuck it is in English, it happens once every two years anyway - bi annual? But isn't that twice a year? Whatever - it's still on. AND the famous book fair, the city centre's getting quite crowded. Haven't been to the book fair yet but I - WE - have to go. Problem is, it closes up at 9pm, that's totally crap, if I'm working until 7.30 for example, I can pop down there, then by the time I do a quick round of the fair, the bar will already be closing. No idea of planning for fun the PoA city council!
Now this is true - last Friday night's barbie was ruined by PoA's version of Hurricane Katarina, it came right at the end though, so we had to dive for cover and I managed to rescue the last of the meat. Next day we saw that there were serious floods in several areas.
Tomorrow's barbie forecast - not sure, I don't read frikkin newspaper and I don't have a TV.
I am now the Welsh community in PoA after Kim, from Port Talbot, left a couple of months ago to the Land of My Fathers, and hers I suppose. I've declared myself the Welsh Cultural Attaché to PoA. Just gotto let the Welsh assembly know about this so I can start earning my 3,000 GBP per month, lot of events I have to attend you see.

No comments: